Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

20 November 2009

The Knot Prayer



Photo by Phil Romans

From Denny: This is a wonderful prayer, so true too. To truly develop in Life it sure helps to untie all those unnecessary inner knots! :) Self-improvement or spiritual development first starts with going after those inner knots often created thru bad experiences or social conditioning, even family culture. This wonderful prayer can be used as a thought meditation to help create your own positive affirmations. I found this on a buddha blog which found it on a Christian site from South Africa - which lets you know how universal this prayer can be.

The Knot Prayer

Dear God

Please untie the knots that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots,
would nots
and should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all,
Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life all of the "am nots"
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought that I am not good enough.

Amen

*** Thanks for visiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain