Image via WikipediaImage via Wikipedia
Image by paul goyette via FlickrFrom Denny: Nutritionist Kimberly Synder talks beyond calorie count and healthy to reveal what foods make your skin look beautiful too.
Have you ever really thought about how you can make your beauty routine tasty with great healthy foods? You win on both fronts.
Take a look at what Kimberly Synder offers up to include in your diet so you can look good while you eat well too.
* Cabbage - vitamin C brightens skin and repairs damaged skin and heals collagen. Has more vitamin C than oranges. How much to eat? Try a few servings a week. You can add some shredded cabbage to your salads or saute it with spices as a side dish.
* Sunflower seeds - are high in vitamin E and prevent cellular damage. Helps with maintenance, growth and repair of tissues and delays aging. While we enjoy the roasted seeds, it's the raw ones that give the full beauty benefit.
* Avocado - high in vitamin E and heart healthy fat that keeps you satisfied and moisturizes your skin from the inside out. Prevents fatigue, anxiety and depression. This fat feeds your brain and stimulates healthy functioning. This fat helps us absorb the fat soluble vitamins like A and D.
* Lemons - high in vitamin C and enzymes that help with support liver tissue. Our liver is a fat burning and detoxifying organ so lemons help with weight loss. By placing lemon in your drinking water it helps you to stay hydrated which is important to beautiful skin.
* Rooibos Tea - High in antioxidants, caffeine free and sweet tasting. Too much caffeine is dehydrating and leads to dark under eye circles.
* Cucumbers - high in silica which helps to support your skin and nails. Makes your hair really shiny while it builds energy. Repairs and smoothes collagen in the skin and reduces the visibility of cellulite. A lot of the nutrients are in the skin so try and purchase organic cucumbers so you don't have to peel the skin.
* Red peppers - high in antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin A. Promotes skin beauty and rejuvenation. Low in sugar.
* Celery - has a flushing effect on the body as a diuretic by flushing out excess fluid. Contains lycopene which is linked to cancer prevention. Has a good balance of sodium to potassium.
All these foods do work as they are a part of my daily diet. Cabbage is especially good for you as it contains sulphur. If you eat this almost every day your skin looks awesome, without wrinkling as you get older. Sulphur is advantageous for more than your skin. It helps your sinuses keep infections at bay from pollution like chemical plants where I live on the Gulf Coast.
It helps your lungs and colon stay infection free too. Just saute it as a stir fry to lock in the freshness and not over cook it to avoid that strong taste so many people just don't favor. Spices like garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cumin all add to the great flavor. I've made a lot of cabbage converts by heavily spicing sauteed cabbage. :)
Red bell peppers taste great sauteed with some garlic and cumin in the morning along with some fried eggs doused with Louisiana Hot Sauce and a side of (dry roasted before you cook them) grits or toast. Talk about a calcium and vitamins C and A download!
Any way you look at it you can have your beauty and great foodie experience too by incorporating these foods into your daily regime!
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Global Politics
The Social Poets - news, politics, political cartoon humor
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Dennys Art Sanctuary
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Romancing The Chocolate - chocolate recipes and more food
Unusual 2 Tasty - different twists on favorite foods and international
Comfort Food From Louisiana - Cajun, seafood and more comfort food goodies
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - more crazy humor
Dennys Blog Feeds - see what's posting at all Denny's blogs at a glance
Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts Food - an online newspaper
International Travel Immunizations: Interactive Guide
Interactive Graphic via HCCMIS, a provider of Worldwide Medical Insurance.